The Neighborhood Preservation Coalition of New York State, Inc. is a statewide membership organization of community-based, not-for-profit housing companies and other interested parties committed to revitalizing New York State’s urban and suburban areas. The Coalition provides information on state and federal housing policies, networking opportunities, advocacy services and technical assistance to its members.
- Advocacy – Encourage increased funding to the NYS housing budget and the Neighborhood Preservation Program
- Technical Assistance –Includes help with contracts and reports, board development, mapping, data analysis, expanding service area requests, mergers, capacity building, and executive coaching
- Professional Development – Workshops, webinars, state and federal policy updates, and teleconferences on a variety of issues of concern to the membership
- Fundraising Support – Information about foundation grants, proposal feedback, help developing strategies, appeals, and campaigns
- Annual Conference – Educational sessions that expand awareness, enhance knowledge, build capacity, share practices, and provide networking opportunities
- Housing News – Updates on issues, funding opportunities, and statewide programmatic information
- Discounted or Free Admission – Legislative advocacy days, workshops, and regional meetings
Voting Members are Neighborhood Preservation Companies, Local Development Corporations, and Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) who can join based on a sliding scale fee. These members enjoy the privilege of voting for the Board of Directors and on membership issues, including the Coalition’s Legislative Agenda, at the annual membership meeting.
Affiliate Members are staff from municipalities, other interested individuals, housing professionals, consultants, etc. who affiliate and participate in Coalition activities, but may not vote.